getaddrinfo not found on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

Steve M sjmaster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 16:20:16 EDT 2006

In case you haven't heard Microsoft is suing SCO for stealing his
Internet concepts and letters and numbers, so you should probably just
ditch OpenServer and get Debian like all the smart people have done.

I guess the quality of SCO software has declined over the last forty or
fifty years and they had to have David Boies compile libsocket and that
is probably why this broken symbol problem is happenig.

I'm sorry if you cannot switch from the SCO platform, in which case
this message may not be very helpful. Have a nice day!