EuroPython 2006 and Py3.0

Nick Vatamaniuc vatamane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:55:52 EDT 2006

That is why we have PEPs and people who read forums and, of course,
GvR.

At this point it seems that Python is mainstream enough that it
probably shouldn't be modified too much but it is also 'fresh' enough
to accept some modifications and new ideas.

The bottom line is that the more people are involved the better. Some
will suggest crazy new stuff that they might have seen in ML or C# and
there will be others who will tell them they are way out there and
Python doesn't need that stuff. In other words we need bold inovators
and more conservative people. After some debate and discussion a
reasonable, good middle ground will be reached.

Regards,
Nick V.