style question

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 1 05:34:43 EDT 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:19:34 +0200, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Jorgen Grahn wrote:
>
>>> assuming fixed-pitch fonts isn't very Pythonic, though; to get reliable indentation
>>> no matter what font you're using, you can write [...]
>>
>> Since when?  I've always coded, in all languages I've ever used[1], under the
>> assumption that the reader will view it with a fixed-pitch (or whatever the
>> proper term is) font. I assumed everyone else did, too.
>
> that's a popular myth.

I'm sorry, you will have to come up with some real references to convince me
(a PEP or preferrably something not Python-specific). Or not, because I will
keep assuming a fixed-width font in my programming anyway. Living the myth!

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!