style question

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 1 05:20:00 EDT 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:31:53 -0700, Scott David Daniels <scott.daniels at acm.org> wrote:
>> I like well-typeset code in print though. Bjarne Stroustrup uses an elegant
>> system for C++ code, ....

> See Knuth on Literate Programming and the "Web" systems (e.g. CWeb).
> His goal is to look good typeset with explanation, and extract-to-compile.

Yes, I'm aware of Knuth's work, and didn't mean to imply that Stroustrup did
something revolutionary -- although his book and Bertrand Meyer's Eiffel
book are the only ones I've read which try do something elegant with the
code typesetting.

I haven't read Knuth until now, so I assumed he typeset the actual code
parts fixed-width. I see in the CWeb manual that that's not the case.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!