newbie needs serious help

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Feb 9 12:10:09 EST 2006

> I downloaded the Python 2.4.2 msi file, and installed it.
> All went well. Now, I have no idea what to do.
> I read the documentation, README files, etc., and it looks like I'm
> supposed to configure it with a ./configure command,and then a magical
> make command.

I suspect you were reading installation instructions for multiple
OS platforms.  The "./configure; make" song-and-dance is a common
way to do an install on *nix platforms.  I suspect that all you
needed to do on Win32 was to run the MSI file and you're good to go.

I don't know about the Google Sitemap side of things, but I
suspect you've already successfully installed Python.

-tkc

(PS:  You wouldn't happen to have attended Messiah College...I
knew a Joy Hunsberger who attended there and wondered if you're
the self-same person.  Otherwise, feel free to disregard this PS :)