newbie needs serious help

Hunsberger, Joy joyh at techni-tool.com
Thu Feb 9 11:55:25 EST 2006

OK. Never used python. I need it to install the Google Sitemap program
on our WindowsServer2003(SE) server.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to configure this thing.
Please keep in mind that I do not know ANYTHING about servers.

What I did:
I downloaded the Python 2.4.2 msi file, and installed it.
All went well. Now, I have no idea what to do.
I read the documentation, README files, etc., and it looks like I'm
supposed to configure it with a ./configure command,and then a magical
make command.
Where do I type these in? I'm assuming it's not through a command line,
as that didn't work.
And I tried to launch the python.exe, and type it in there but that
doesn't work either.
Where is this is supposed to go?
Help?