Python / Apache / MySQL

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Tue Feb 14 04:32:34 EST 2006

vpr enlightened us with:
> I want to build an Website using Apache / Python and MySQL.

I second Bruno: swap MySQL in favour of PostgreSQL.

> e.g. should I be using mod_python ?

You could use my framework based on mod_python and Cheetah. I find it
really easy to use. Check out http://www.unrealtower.org/webengine

> whats the best module for mysql ?

I'd use SQLObject. It can handle MySQL (if you really want to stick to
it), SQLite and PostgreSQL.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa