Python / Apache / MySQL

bruno at modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Tue Feb 14 04:18:26 EST 2006

vpr wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I want to build an Website using Apache / Python and MySQL.

Good choice, good choice, bad choice...
Why not using PostgresSQL (if you need a *real* RDBMS) or SQLite (if you
don't...)

> I dont want to spend to much time hacking html. I'm looking for some
> recommendations
> e.g. should I be using mod_python ?

mod_python is mostly a 'low-level' Apache API binding. Better use a
higher-level tool on top of it. AFAICT, Myghty might be of some help here.

> whats the best module for mysql ?

Psycopg ?-)

oops, sorry....

> any suggestings so I could get my site up in a day ?

Look for Myghty, Pylons (built on Mygthy), or Django. There's also
Turbogears, but it's based on CherryPy, so you won't really take
advantage of mod_python's Apache integration.

--
bruno desthuilliers