merits of Lisp vs Python

Christophe chris.cavalaria at free.fr
Thu Dec 14 06:02:31 EST 2006

Robert Uhl a écrit :
> Christophe <chris.cavalaria at free.fr> writes:
>> Saying that the French units are technically worse than standard units
>> is a troll of very poor quality and a very weak argument.
>
> It was just an example that the argument from popularity is invalid.
> However, I (and many others) would argue that optimisation for unit
> conversion is the wrong choice when designing a system of measures.  But
> this is not the venue for such a discussion, so I'll stop now:-)

Well, I spent some time on Wikipedia looking up metric systems and
things like that because of you, and I found a page that shows how to
improve the current SI system by reducing the number of fundamental
units to only two ( S for space and T for time ), and it was a great
read. It even went so far as give a theory for the disapearance of the
dinosaurs!

Thank you for that it was a great read.

Here it is : http://www.blazelabs.com/f-u-suconv.asp