merits of Lisp vs Python

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Dec 14 21:25:17 EST 2006

Warning: absolutely off topic!

At Thursday 14/12/2006 08:02, Christophe wrote:

>Well, I spent some time on Wikipedia looking up metric systems and
>things like that because of you, and I found a page that shows how to
>improve the current SI system by reducing the number of fundamental
>units to only two ( S for space and T for time ), and it was a great
>read. It even went so far as give a theory for the disapearance of the
>dinosaurs!

You can even make S = cT (c=ligth of speed in void space).
The choice of fundamental units is rather arbitrary, and can be
reduced further to only 1 fundamental unit and even NO fundamental units.
There is a nice book about this subject by L. A. Sena: Units of
physical quantities and their dimensions (or similar, I don't have it
at hand to check the title).

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL