merits of Lisp vs Python

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com
Wed Dec 13 13:51:44 EST 2006

Christophe <chris.cavalaria at free.fr> writes:

> Saying that the French units are technically worse than standard units
> is a troll of very poor quality and a very weak argument.

It was just an example that the argument from popularity is invalid.
However, I (and many others) would argue that optimisation for unit
conversion is the wrong choice when designing a system of measures.  But
this is not the venue for such a discussion, so I'll stop now:-)

...It [the Mexican dictatorship] has demanded us to deliver up our arms,
which are essential for our defence, the rightful property of freemen,
and formidable only to tyrannical governments...
          --Texas Declaration of Independence