merits of Lisp vs Python

Paul Rubin http
Sat Dec 9 09:14:30 EST 2006

Stefan Nobis <snobis at gmx.de> writes:
> Intuitive interfaces (GUI, languages,...) are an urban legend, pure
> illusion. You have to do hard work and practice to understand them.

Well if you write enough code in general, the principles stick with
you.  What I found with Perl was that after not using it for a while,
I completely forgot it.  I mean the principles were still the same,
but making any sense of the code depended on remembering a lot of
detail which had left me.  Python and C are not so much like that.
Lisp is somewhere in between.