How do I edit a PythonWin path to import custom built modules???

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Dec 12 11:52:52 EST 2006

BartlebyScrivener wrote:

> Perhaps your way works also, but I have no PythonPath defined in system
> variables on Windows XP.
>
> I keep my Python scripts and modules in d:\Python. I added d:\Python to
> the Path variable and I can call and import the scripts and modules
> from anywhere I please.

Python does *not* use the Path when searching for modules; sys.path is
initialized based on the contents of PYTHONPATH, the location of the
Python executable (or PYTHONHOME), some heuristics, and certain registry
entries.  there used to be a page about this on python.org, but it seems
to have disappeared; here's the SVN copy:

    https://svn.python.org/www/trunk/pydotorg/windows/registry.ht

</F>