DOS, UNIX and tabs

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Dec 28 10:17:35 EST 2006

On 2006-12-28, Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVEME.cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> I've spent a lot of time reading both sides of the tabs versus spaces
> argument, and I haven't found anything yet that explains why tabs are, in
> and of themselves, bad.

They aren't.  Using tabs isn't bad.  Using both tabs and spaces
is bad, so the people managing the official Python source tree
picked one.  Maybe they've got reasons for liking spaces over
tabs. Maybe they just flipped a coin.  It doens't matter.  What
matters is picking one and sticking with it.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  YOU'D cry too if it
                                  at               happened to YOU!!