DOS, UNIX and tabs

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEME.cybersource.com.au
Thu Dec 28 04:40:17 EST 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:26:28 +0100, Sebastian 'lunar' Wiesner wrote:

> It is, and especially the problems with tabs shows you, why it is good
> practice to follow the standard in your own code, too...

I don't know what "problems" with tabs you are talking about. I never have
problems with tabs. *Other people* who choose to use software that doesn't
understand tabs have problems.

I've spent a lot of time reading both sides of the tabs versus spaces
argument, and I haven't found anything yet that explains why tabs are, in
and of themselves, bad.

--
Steven D'Aprano