merits of Lisp vs Python

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com
Tue Dec 12 22:07:17 EST 2006

"Stephen Eilert" <spedrosa at gmail.com> writes:

> So, let's suppose I now want to learn LISP (I did try, on several
> occasions). What I would like to do would be to replace Python and
> code GUI applications. Yes, those boring business-like applications
> that have to access databases and consume those new-fangled
> web-services and whatnot. Heck, maybe even code games using DirectX.

GUIs are a weak point, or were last I looked.  There are at least three
GTK+ interfaces.

Database access is handled very nicely with CLSQL, which does OR mapping
right.

I've not written code to 'consume web-services,' but I daresay that
NET.HTML.CLIENT (believe that's the name) would do the trick.

If anybody can show me in the Bible the command, 'Thou shalt not smoke,'
I am ready to keep it; but I haven't found it yet.  I find ten
commandments, and it's as much as I can do to keep them; and I've no
desire to make them into eleven or twelve.          --C. H. Spurgeon