merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 22:12:57 EST 2006

Robert Uhl wrote:
> "Stephen Eilert" <spedrosa at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>So, let's suppose I now want to learn LISP (I did try, on several
>>occasions). What I would like to do would be to replace Python and
>>code GUI applications. Yes, those boring business-like applications
>>that have to access databases and consume those new-fangled
>>web-services and whatnot. Heck, maybe even code games using DirectX.
>

> GUIs are a weak point, or were last I looked.

LW comes with CAPI, portable across the big 3. ACL has Common Graphics
on win32, and I think they have Gtk bindings elsewhere (just guessing,
really). Everyone has Ltk, Cells-Gtk, and Celtk. (Two Tks, one Gtk if
that is not clear).

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd