merits of Lisp vs Python

mystilleef mystilleef at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 10:29:31 EST 2006

Ken Tilton wrote:

> Lisp has all the cool qualities you like in your pets, plus native
> compilation in most implementations, plus maturity and a standard, plus
> a better OO, plus macros, plus a dozen more small wins. Including
> automatic indentation. :)

Better OO? You mean the one that doesn't support basic encapsulation
and is retardedly cumbersome to use? There's a reason I said, I'd never
use Lisp for OO not even when I'm high. Gimme Python, Eiffel or
Smalltalk anyday, not the retarded add-on package bolted on CL.

> It is just a matter of critical mass. At some very low threshold Lisp
> becomes "OK". I get the feeling that has already begun, but it is not
> quite there yet. Certainly it gets mentioned now when language names get
> bandied about, if only to be dismissed. That is a step up for us. :)

Bahahahaha! You lispers and your fairy little macros world.