merits of Lisp vs Python

Juan R. juanrgonzaleza at canonicalscience.com
Sun Dec 10 10:25:26 EST 2006

Ken Tilton ha escrito:
> It is just a matter of critical mass. At some very low threshold Lisp
> becomes "OK". I get the feeling that has already begun, but it is not
> quite there yet.

Sometime in the past LISP got an increased 'popularity' (i suspect
because LISP natural fit into web services). However, i also noticed
that since some months ago, the TIOBE index for LISP decreases and
decreases and decreases... whereas Python, Ruby, and company increase.

Last December index, Ruby increases ranking by 9 positions to 11th,
Python 1 to 7th, whereas LISP decreases to 17th from 13th.