couple more questions about sqlite

Fri Aug 18 14:13:00 EDT 2006

I've been looking around and reading, and I have a few more questions
about SQLite in particular, as it relates to Python.

1. What is the current module to use for sqlite? sqlite3? or is that not
out until Python 2.5?

2. What's the difference between sqlite and pysqlite? Do you need both,
just one, or is one an older version of the same thing?

3. What's the difference between the command line program called sqlite3
and the module you would use with Python? (I know that the former let's
you do normal database things without dealing with Python, but is it
necessary if you are using Python to interact with the DB?)

Thanks!