couple more questions about sqlite

Fri Aug 18 16:29:49 EDT 2006

andychambers2002 at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>> 2. What's the difference between sqlite and pysqlite? Do you need both,
>> just one, or is one an older version of the same thing?
>
> To access your database from python you need both (or some alternative
> to pysqlite)

I can understand this in terms of MySQL being one thing, and mysqldb
being the necessary module for Python to use MySQL. But in 2.5, for
example, which comes with sqlite3, is this all you need, or do you still
need pysqlite? Or are these two different things that can access the
sqlite system? (I guess I kind of thought there would be just one
standard module used for each type of database, such as mysqldb being
the one used for MySQL.)