couple more questions about sqlite

andychambers2002 at yahoo.co.uk andychambers2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 15:52:52 EDT 2006

> 2. What's the difference between sqlite and pysqlite? Do you need both,
> just one, or is one an older version of the same thing?

To access your database from python you need both (or some alternative
to pysqlite)

> 3. What's the difference between the command line program called sqlite3
> and the module you would use with Python? (I know that the former let's
> you do normal database things without dealing with Python, but is it
> necessary if you are using Python to interact with the DB?)

slqite comes with a library which other programs can call, and a
command line interface
that you can use from the shell.  pysqlite needs the library but I
don't think it is possible
to get one without the other.

Regards,
Andy