multiline comments

Edward Elliott nobody at 127.0.0.1
Wed Apr 19 02:15:26 EDT 2006

Atanas Banov wrote:
> want to comment block of code? use tripple-quotes. does not nest? ahhh,
> maybe it's time to get rid of that block you commented out a month ago
> "just in case the new code doesnt work".
>
> that gives you incentive to tidy up. don't be a code slob... don't
> leave a mess forever ;-)

And when the section I want to comment out contains a legit doc string in
the middle, triple-quotes won't work.  There are valid reasons to nest
comments which have nothing to do with laziness or sloppy code.

Forcing programmers to write clean code with syntax is like teaching a pig
to sing: it wastes your time and annoys the pig.  Good coding is a state of
mind, not a parser option.