multiline comments

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Wed Apr 19 07:51:40 EDT 2006

Edward Elliott wrote:

> And when the section I want to comment out contains a legit doc string in
> the middle, triple-quotes won't work.  There are valid reasons to nest

You can use either """ or '''.  I don't keep changing them in my code, so I
can always use the other type (usually I use " so for commenting things out
I'd use ') to do that.

> comments which have nothing to do with laziness or sloppy code.
>
> Forcing programmers to write clean code with syntax is like teaching a pig
> to sing: it wastes your time and annoys the pig.  Good coding is a state
> of mind, not a parser option.

If the latter can help, why not?

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>

- Qualquer coisa dita em latim soa profundo.
- Anything said in Latin sounds smart.