multiline comments

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Apr 19 10:52:08 EDT 2006

Jorge Godoy  <godoy at ieee.org> wrote:
>Is it harder to remove "n" lines of code commented out with "#" than "n"
>lines of multiline commented code?  How?

I'd say it's harder to remove the latter, due to having to search for
the end of comment sequence, rather than simply looking for where the
block comment stops. And you've extra problems if you allow nested
comments, because then you'll have to count how deep you've gone. Of
course, if you can completely trust your editor's syntax highlighter
you might be OK, but wasn't part of the point of this argument about
not *requiring* smart editors to be productive?

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"