multiline comments

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Wed Apr 19 11:14:44 EDT 2006

Sion Arrowsmith wrote:

> I'd say it's harder to remove the latter, due to having to search for
> the end of comment sequence, rather than simply looking for where the
> block comment stops. And you've extra problems if you allow nested
> comments, because then you'll have to count how deep you've gone. Of
> course, if you can completely trust your editor's syntax highlighter
> you might be OK, but wasn't part of the point of this argument about
> not *requiring* smart editors to be productive?

Also, if you remove the start of the block first, then your editor might not
be highlighting anymore...  With nested comments things get even worse
because you might miss the end of the outer block or something like that.

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>

- Qualquer coisa dita em latim soa profundo.
- Anything said in Latin sounds smart.