Parsing XML/XSLT

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Tue Apr 25 08:17:49 EDT 2006

veracon wrote:
> I'm looking to use XML and XSLT for templates in a system I'm writing,
> however I'm not really sure which parser is the "best". Basically,
> which library has the most features, and which is the most supported?

lxml arguably has the most features by now, as it is based on libxml2 and
libxslt (libexslt support is in SVN) and wraps most of their features into
easy-to-use Python APIs.

At least lxml's API is also arguably the most supported as it mostly
compatible to ElementTree (which made it into Python 2.5).

http://codespeak.net/lxml

Beware though, I'm somewhat biased as I'm one of the authors.

Stefan