Oblique Strategies

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Thu Sep 15 07:15:17 EDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, robin wrote:

> The Oblique Strategies were originally a set of one-hundred cards, each
> bearing a short phrase. They were devised by Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt
> as ways of working through creative problems. When a blockage occurs,
> draw a card, and see if it can direct you in a tangential way that helps
> solve the problem.

Neat!

I can't help but feel that putting the strategies in a file and using
'fortune' to pick them would have been slightly simpler, but since i don't
actually seem to have fortune on my machine, i'm actually rather happy
that you've done this.

I don't know about coding, but i think this might be handy in the cell
biology research that constitutes my day job ...

tom

--
Also, a 'dark future where there is only war!' ... have you seen the news lately? -- applez