Alternatives to Stackless Python?

binarybana at gmail.com binarybana at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 20:17:01 EDT 2005

Honestly I am not knowledgeable about either option but mainly I was
specifically targetting my feature set towards the things that a higher
level game engine would need such as the one described here:
http://harkal.sylphis3d.com/2005/08/10/multithreaded-game-scripting-with-stackless-python/
Which I guess the main difference that I see between stackless and
NanoThreads is the ability to communicate between threads through
channels and other methods. This is very important in games where the
actors need to communicate among each other to create interactive and
interesting gameplay.

And perhaps scheduling overhead, memory costs and slow thread creation
could be otherh areas where the two differ (but I am unsure). And
finally, how good is NanoThreads at non-preemptive multithreading and
event-driven control? These are more areas that I see the two possibly
differing.

Also, Greenlets look really interesting, I will have to evaluate these
more closely.