PyGTK or wXPython?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Tue Sep 13 15:28:56 EDT 2005

TPJ napisał(a):

>>Beside this, wxPython (and wxWidgets) is often told to be more complete,
>>better documented and better supported than GTK/PyGTK.
>
> Is wxPython often told to be more documented? By who?

By me, for example. But I don't mind using wxWidgets C++ API
documentation as wxPython reference (Python differences are listed
there, in most cases).

I would use wx, if it wasn't so dog slow on linux. Qt and GTK are much
faster, but each one has disadvantages. Finally, you get 3 GUI toolkits,
of which each claims to be "cross-platform", but each is working at
acceptable level of WTF only on one system (wx on Windows, Qt and GTK on
linux) and the most appealing (Qt) has no free version for Windows.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/