Python reliability

Ville Voipio vvoipio at kosh.hut.fi
Mon Oct 10 04:40:27 EDT 2005

In article <7xr7au1hr5.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>, Paul Rubin wrote:

> I would say give the app the heaviest stress testing that you can
> before deploying it, checking carefully for leaks and crashes.  I'd
> say that regardless of the implementation language.

Goes without saying. But I would like to be confident (or as
confident as possible) that all bugs are mine. If I use plain
C, I think this is the case. Of course, bad memory management
in the underlying platform will wreak havoc. I am planning to
use Linux 2.4.somethingnew as the OS kernel, and there I have
not experienced too many problems before.

Adding the Python interpreter adds one layer on uncertainty.
On the other hand, I am after the simplicity of programming
offered by Python.

- Ville

--
Ville Voipio, Dr.Tech., M.Sc. (EE)