Python TNEF (winmail.dat attachment access) library?

Petri Savolainen petri.savolainen at iki.fi
Tue Oct 4 12:46:29 EDT 2005

Thanks for your comments. I just posted the first draft of a pure-python
library called "pytnef" at python cheeseshop. Note that this is so far
merely a conversion of the Ruby library. Some important functionality is
missing, there seem to be some problems, but it's a start.

I also tried a few tools that claim to decode TNEF and most of them
actually fail to extract attachments according my tests (used
winmail.dat attachments saved from Mozilla Thunderbird). So if you'd
happen to know of TNEF decoders that _work_, please let me know.

Regards,

    Petri