Python TNEF (winmail.dat attachment access) library?

Petri Savolainen petri.savolainen at iki.fi
Mon Oct 3 06:43:37 EDT 2005

Hello,

has anyone seen such a beast? I tried googling, PyPI, Parnassus etc. but
could not find any pure-python code nor extensions to interface with any
of the existing implementations.

I am thinking about taking the Ruby code I found at

http://www.zweknu.org/technical/index.rhtml?s=p%7c15

and converting that to Python. I have no experience with Ruby so this
will be rather interesting...

I guess another option would be to use CTypes to plug into some tnef
shared library/DLL. I'd prefer a pure-python route though...

Any pointers/recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,

  Petri