Python's website does a great disservice to the language

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Nov 1 13:25:43 EST 2005

Grant Edwards wrote:
> May God save us from "professional" looking web sites.
> I like the Python web site.  It's simple, easy to read, and easy to
> use.

I strongly agree with you, the web is full of web sites that are nice
"looking" but have microscopic fixed fonts (against the very spirit of
Html), are full of useless flash, have lots of html structures nested
inside other ones (PHP sites are often like this, with dirty
sourcecode), are difficult/slow to render on differnt/old browsers
(best viewed with its webmaster browser only), are two times bigger
than necessary, etc. Python web site can be improved, but there are lot
of ways to make it worse.

Bye,
bearophile