Python's website does a great disservice to the language

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Nov 1 12:58:50 EST 2005

CppNewB wrote:
> I was trying to advocate using Python for an upcoming prototype, so my boss
> went out to take a look at the documentation and try and get a feel for what
> the language is all about.
>
> First comment; "I hope the language is designed better than the site."  The
> site is readable, but is amateurish.  If I had an ounce of design skills in
> me, I would take a stab at it.
>
> Maybe we could round up a couple of designers to donate some time? Maybe we
> could build a basic CMS on top of Django or TurboGears (displaying Python's
> capability as a web development stack)?

A redesign is complete, and should be deployed by the end of the year.

In the meantime please assure your boss that the language *is* far
better designed than the (current) web site, and that he shouldn't judge
a bottle by its label :-)

[Thinks: wonder if it's time to release a sneak preview].

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119