Map of email origins to Python list

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Mon Nov 7 14:43:56 EST 2005

mensanator at aol.com wrote:
> Rocco Moretti wrote:
>
>>It's also a testament to the limited value of physically locating people
>>by internet addresses - If you zoom in on the San Fransico bay area, and
>>click on the southern most bubble (south of San Jose), you'll see the
>>entry for the Mountain View postal code (94043) - a massive list which
>>contains mostly gmail.com accounts, but also contains accounts with .de
>>.ca .uk .pl .it .tw and .za domains. I doubt all of the people in that
>>list live in sunny California, let alone in Mountain View proper.
>

> North of that bubble is a second massive list also labeled Mountain
> View
> 94043. I found my name on that list and I live in the Chicago area.
> Moutain View is, perhaps, where aol.com is located? These bubbles are
> showing the location of the server that's registered under the domain
> name?

Actually, it looks like they are the *same* list. I haven't gone through
all of the names, but I spot checked a few, and it looks like yours,
among others, are listed in both spots. (The southern one looks like it
is a mislocated duplicate, as it is nowhere close to Mountain View, and
is stuck in the middle of a golf course.)