Python Documentation (should be better?)

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Thu May 12 00:45:50 EDT 2005

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
> I get that.  My question, cleverly concealed in a rant, was, "Why does
> clicking on the Documentation link at python.org NOT take me to
> docs.python.org?"

I believe the issue here is that docs.python.org is only the *current*
documentation.  www.python.org/doc lists a variety of items which are
not part of the current documentation, e.g.:

  * the development documentation
  * documentation for previous python versions
  * the Python wiki
  etc.

None of these are part of the official current documentation, so they're
not on docs.python.org (so that when you search docs.python.org, you
*do* only get the current documentation).

Would it have been better for you if the large link that says
  "Browse Current Documentation"
said instead
  "Browse and Search Current Documentation"
?

STeVe