So many things that need to be decided....

Mage mage at mage.hu
Tue May 3 11:47:34 EDT 2005

Heather Stovold wrote:

>I have programmed in the past with a plain text editor too did it for
>years. - but I much prefer programming with tools that have syntax coloring,
>code completion, and the ability to run from the editor. Debugging tools are
>a bonus too.

My opinion is that the GUI is for those who like the mouse. Since I play
many games I am included.

After tried some python editors I found Eclipse is mine. I have to tell
that I really don't like it, even it's "you must create a project in
every simple case" feature annoyes me. However I didn't find any other
editor which is able to do all of these:

- identing with tabs
- showing tabs as 2 spaces
- indicating if I use 2 spaces instead of a single tab (bad habit of
mine from pascal-php times)
- running the scripts
- easy switching between source files
- regular expression replacing
- nice look and good design

It should be able to show tabs with some different colors than spaces
but it isn't. However other editors fail one or more of these above.
Eclipse also supports subversion, but I use the command line svn client.

       Mage