Case Sensitive, Multiline Comments

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon May 30 14:24:54 EDT 2005

"D H" <a at b.c> wrote in message news:z5adnQMsOLiL7AffRVn-hQ at comcast.com...
> Elliot Temple wrote:
>> Hi I have two questions.  Could someone explain to me why Python is
>> case sensitive?  I find that annoying.
>
> I do too.

I don't.

>  As you've found, the only reason is because it is,

False.  As someone else already pointed out in this thread, and as some
said years ago when Guido brought up the subject, standard math notation
*is* case sensitive and some people like Python because they can directly
translate math expressions into Python expressions.

I am annoyed by the disinformation and slander ('anti-newbie') repeated
indefinitely by some case-folding advocates.  Difference annoyances for
different folks, I guess.

Terry J. Reedy