Case Sensitive, Multiline Comments

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri May 27 09:58:50 EDT 2005

Duncan Booth said unto the world upon 2005-05-27 04:24:

<snip>

> There are arguments that, especially for beginners, case sensitivity
> introduces an extra level of complexity, but the cost of losing this
> complexity would be to make Python a poor relation amongst programming
> languages.

Well, this is just one man's anecdote, but Python was my first
language since some BASIC many moons ago, and the case sensitivity
neither got in my way, nor felt complex. Perhaps Python beginners with
background in case insensitive languages do experience it differently.

At any rate, since the sequence of characters 'somename' and
'SomeName' are different sequences, treating them as different names
strikes me as the obviously right thing to do.

Best to all,

Brian vdB