Case Sensitive, Multiline Comments

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Mon May 30 08:24:35 EDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:24:39 -0500, Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:

>"Elliot Temple" <curi42 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi I have two questions.  Could someone explain to me why Python is
>> case sensitive? I find that annoying.
>
>Because it comes from a language background of case sensitive
>languages (C, shell, etc.). But read what the BDFL has to say about
>it: <URL:
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2001-July/054788.html >

As Guido's statement on his position on case sensitivity/insensitivity
cited above was in response to a post/provocation of mine, its gives
me, and I shall indulge myself in, an opportunity to partake of a
favorite pasttime - venting,

I will make it short:

It gauls the hell out of me that that the Python community mass "head"
was in such a strange place at that moment that I had to take the pose
of maniacal extremist to have a sensible converstaion.

Or that's the history I am writing, in any case.

Art