Python interpreter in Basic or a Python-2-Basic translator.

Engineer pcolsen at comcast.net
Sun May 1 09:18:27 EDT 2005

I'm looking for a Python interpreter written in BASIC, preferably
Visual Basic, and one written in VBA would be best of all.  An
alternative would be a Python-2-Basic compiler.

Unfortunately I have to develop some special purpose code in an
organization where my only development environment is Microsoft Office
Visual Basic for Applications.

The security 'droids have decided that since the MS Office Suite is a
"standard" application then software written in MS Office VBA must be
"safe."  Any other development environments (such as Java, Perl,
Cygwin) are "unsafe" and can't be installed.

The result is that any software I write must be bootstrapped from MS
Office VBA.

So, if I want Python, I need a Python interpreter in VBA.

If you respond, please send a copy to pcolsen at comcast.net