What is different with Python ? (OT I guess)

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Tue Jun 14 13:29:17 EDT 2005

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> Magnus Lycka wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that *real* computer scientists are very rare.
>
> I suspect the analysis of algorithms people are among that group.
> It is intriguing to me when you can determine a lower and upper
> bound on the time for the best solution to a problem relatively
> independent of the particular solution.

On the other hand, you could argue that algorithms and mathematics
are branches of philosophy rather than science. :) Very useful for
science, just as many other parts of philosophy, but algorithms
are really abstract concepts that stand on their own, regardless
of the physical world. But perhaps that distinction is fuzzy. After
all, all philosophical theories rest on observations of the world,
just as scientific theories. Hm...we're really far off topic now.