What is different with Python ? (OT I guess)

Tue Jun 14 11:21:49 EDT 2005

Magnus Lycka wrote:
> It seems to me that *real* computer scientists are very rare.
I suspect the analysis of algorithms people are among that group.
It is intriguing to me when you can determine a lower and upper
bound on the time for the best solution to a problem relatively
independent of the particular solution.

> Oh well, I guess it's a bit late to try to rename the Computer
> Science discipline now.
The best I've heard is "Informatics" -- I have a vague impression
that this is a more European name for the field.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org