(OT) lincense protection generator

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Thu Jun 2 17:41:30 EDT 2005

flupke napisał(a):

> I'm thinking of a function that will generate such a code and put it in
> a file. Then when the program starts it checks this file and checks the
> code in there with a code that it generates at that time again based for
> instance on the current directory and other components unique to that
> computer. It could be a long string (but what info?) and then take a
> hash from it and store the hash value.

Better, generate sha1 sum of general machine configuration (i.e. what
"set" command returns) and store it on random internet node. You can be
sure nobody would get it.

Anyway, it's bad idea. Restrict program usage in license) or any other
contract), but don't do such a mess to people who pay your bills.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/ | http://www.zgodowie.org/