Want to learn a language - is Python right?

Paul Watson pwatson at redlinepy.com
Mon Jun 20 12:25:27 EDT 2005

"Aziz McTang" <AzizMcTang at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1119278824.847517.294700 at g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> As usual, hearing some answers helps formulate the question...
>
> What I'm looking for is more to learn one good, comprehensive
> programming language well than several approximately on an ad hoc
> basis. What I also failed to mention is the desire to develop my
> presently limited computer skills a lot further.

You have received some good advice.  There are strong tools to support
localization, but they are not inexpensive.  They might be lower cost than
developing your own.  However, your goal to develop your programming skills
is also a cost to be considered.  Are you interested in developing an open
source localization tool?

A consideration for web applications is who will be maintaining the code.
If these are all your own and no one else will ever work on them, then use
any tool you like.  Coding them in x86 assembly language would increase your
computer knowledge, but we both know that is not the right tool for this
task.