When someone from Britain speaks, Americans hear a "British accent"...

c d saunter christopher.saunter at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 17:42:19 EDT 2005

Michael Hoffman (cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid) wrote:
: muldoon wrote:
: > Americans consider having a "British accent" a sign of sophistication
: > and high intelligence. Many companies hire salespersons from Britain to
: > represent their products,etc. Question: When the British hear an
: > "American accent," does it sound unsophisticated and dumb?
: >
: > Be blunt. We Americans need to know.

: To be blunt, I have no idea what this has to do with Python. Surely
: selecting the right forum to use indicates more sophistication and high
: intelligence than the way one speaks. ;-)

Well you could draw a tenuous Python link on the headache inducing subject of
trying to remember which spelling is which when doing
something like:

thirdparty_module_1.color = thirdparty_module_2.colour

>>> from __future__ import sane_spelling :-)

cds