When someone from Britain speaks, Americans hear a "British accent"...

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 28 17:52:44 EDT 2005

Frankly, I can't watch Shakespeare or movies like "the full monty" or
"trainspotting" because I can't understand a damn word they say. British talk
sounds like gibberish to me for the most part. Out of all of these movies,
the only thing I ever could understand was something like "I've got the beast
in my sights misses Pennymoney". Haaar! Wow, that's a good one.

I think James Bond did it for Americans. He always wore a dinner jacket and
played a lot of backarack--which is only cool because you have to bet a lot
of money. Anyway, if you insist on making distinctions between the backwoods
of apalachia and european aristocracy, I should remind you of the recessive
genetic diseases that have historically plagued europe's nobility.

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/