The state of OO wrappers on top of wxPython (was Re: Wheel-reinvention with Python)

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Sat Jul 30 17:44:36 EDT 2005

Ed Leafe wrote:

> On Saturday 30 July 2005 16:06, Jorge Godoy wrote:
>
>> If it is added, let us know.  I can't think of a better way to visualize
>> database reports in an easy and fast way.  Specially for BI.
>
>  What specifically are you looking for? We are working on the report
>  writing engine now, tying in ReportLab.

Bar and line graphics, mainly.  In an easy and portable way.  Something that
calculates the axis scales automatically, that allows users to change some
information, add legends, put values in specific points and all those
things that are common to business graphs.

I know it is a lot complex, specially due to user interaction, but it is
doable.  I have some ideas and I'll be implementing them with PyQt for some
projects, but they aren't my first priority now.

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>