The state of OO wrappers on top of wxPython (was Re: Wheel-reinvention with Python)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jul 30 13:41:19 EDT 2005

Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2005 12:28, Peter Decker wrote:
>>It would be great if the wxPython folks would adopt Dabo,
>
>  Thanks for the vote of encouragement!
>
>  Our goal isn't to muddy the waters; it is simply to create a consistent API
> for coding. There is already a great GUI toolkit for Python; we're just
> trying to make it easier to code.

The last time I checked (as I recall), at least Wax and possibly Dabo
both either lagged well behind recent wxPython developments of provide
relatively limited support, leaving out a sizable and (to me) important
number of features from what they wrapped.

Is this a remotely accurate and current picture of things?  Or is it
more fair to say that by adopting Dabo (or Wax?) one really loses
nothing in terms of flexibility, and gains only improved write- and
readability?

-Peter